To provide a meaningful and rewarding experience that is an integral part of your child’s total educational experience here at Cook-Wissahickon Elementary School.
Students grades are based on participation, being prepared (wearing sneakers), proficiency skill level and student behavior.
- Students participate in a variety of activities including:
- Games & Activities
- Traverse Rock Wall & Rope Activities
- Scooter Games
- Pillo Polo
- General Sports (Basketball, Soccer, Football, Frisbee, Golf, Floor Hockey)
- Drumming Alive
- 3rd Graders participate in a Drumming Alive unit that is team taught by Mrs. Hagan (PE Teacher) & Mr. D’Orseaneo (Music Teacher)
- Medicine Balls
- Stability Balls
Middle School HYPE Team
HYPE team (Healthy You, Positive Energy) is a youth wellness initiative that empowers our middle school students to become leaders for healthy change in the school and community. Once a month the HYPE team hosts a healthy taste test. The students also help run the games at the Harvest Festival and Family Fun & Fit Night.
- Evening of the Arts Showcase – December
- Jump Rope For Heart – January
- Family Fun & Fit Night – April
- Bike To School Day – May
- Field Day – June
- Fuel Up To Play 60
- Action For Healthy Kids
- HYPE (Healthy You, Positive Energy)
- The Food Trust – Einstein
- American Heart Association
- Einstein Medical Center provides USDA SNAP-Ed nutrition education at Cook-Wissahickon. This includes education for students and their caregivers, working with the HYPE team and other areas to help improve and sustain a healthful environment.
Middle School Athletic Teams
- Girls & Boys Basketball